Ensure the security of your business
During transit, your cargo is exposed to various risks, despite the safety measures put in place by carriers. Damages or losses may occur during handling, storage or transport operations: this could have a serious impact on your business.
To facilitate your shipping experience, CMA CGM has developed insurance solutions for you that address these risks.
Examples of compensation in case of total loss:
CMA CGM Cargo Insurance protecting the value of your cargo
Thanks to an international partnership with one of the largest marine cargo insurance companies in the world, you can benefit from many advantages, such as:
- Broad coverage: "All Risks" basis
- Low rates negotiated only for our clients
- One stop shop: It’s so easy to arrange when you’re booking a shipment with us
- No excess: Covers up to the full Cost Insurance and Freight (CIF) value plus 10%
- A simple and quick process for claims and a payment within 30 days
- A first class insurer
- From one-off shipment to regular traffic, flexibility is the word
What is covered?
The coverage is based on Institute Cargo Clauses (A), the best known and most widely used "All Risks" cargo insurance conditions in the world.
What compensation basis will apply?
- Exports / Imports: Cost Insurance and Freight (CIF) value plus 10%
- Inland Transits : Invoice Price
This information is only a summary of what is covered under the insurance contract developed on behalf of CMA CGM Group’s customers. Coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. General conditions can be forwarded upon request.
Coverage includes loss or damage caused by:
- Fire + explosion
- Stranding, grounding, capsizing, sinking
- Overturn, derailment
- Discharge of cargo at port of distress
- General Average
- Washing overboard
- Earthquake, volcanic eruption, lightning
- Water damage
- Total loss of package overboard
- Total lost whilst loading or unloading
- Fresh water, ship sweat
- Improper stowage by carrier
- Theft, pilferage, non-delivery
- Malicious damage
- Breakage or other physical loss from external cause
- Temperature variation (resulting from breakdown of reefer containers)
|MMailIf you have any questions or quotation request, please contact us by clicking here|
Connect to our Business portal 24/7
- Book a container
- Follow your shipments 24/7
- Prepare your BL (SI, Draft...)
- Upload & print your transport documents
- Access your customized dashboards
- Receive specific notifications